***URGENT PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT***
Grindr, a popular app for gay men, now carries an urgent warning for users in Egypt. According to many sources, Egyptian authorities are posing as LGBT people on various social media sites to identify and arrest homosexual people. The app is urging users in the region to proceed with extreme caution, especially when identifying themselves or arranging meetings/hookups. While so far the focus seems to be on gay men, all LGBT people in the area should be cautious. Reports show that Egyptian police have carried out violent raids on private homes which lead to the arrests of several gay men. These men were then subjected to disturbing medical “exams.” Police also raided an LGBT party last year, violently arresting many and sentencing them to up to 12 years hard labour. While homosexuality is not illegal in Egypt, athorities are using sexual deviance, debauchery and insulting public morals as terms for the crackdown. Many claim this fresh attack on the LGBT community is lead by President Abdel-Fattah Al-Sisi who wishes for his country to be more Islamic.
For all of my LGBT friends here on tumblr, please be extremely careful as this situation develops. Remember to clear your search history, use private browsing if possible, and be extremely cautious with who you talk to online.
1) I wish my parents would have told me that things can change so abruptly and sometimes so painfully and that all you can really do is just sit and stare blankly back at it. They never warned me about losing someone you loved and simply all the closure you can seem to get is a “I don’t love you anymore, I’m sorry.” and half of a wave goodbye.
2) I wish my parents would have told me that sometimes there is no fixing a person. That sometimes, a person simply is not broken. You can’t fix something that isn’t broken. Sometimes you are the person that is broken and needs the fixing. But humans are not medicine. They aren’t going to mend your broken bones or soothe the pain in your chest.
3) I wish my parents would of told me that just because you have an idea of a person, it doesn’t always prove to be the reality of that person. Sometimes the best liar can be your mind, intoxicated by attraction.
4) I wish my parents would have told me that not everything is as simple as we believe it to be. That sometimes, you have to continue to work and work at something, only to be shot back down again. Getting back up time after time can be difficult, but it wouldn’t hurt so god damn much mom and dad, if you would have informed me of its existence in the universe and the large roll it plays in our lives.
5) I wish my parents would have told me that among all of the drugs they tried so desperately to inform me of, the strongest known to mankind was love and the second, lust. More importantly, I wish they would have explained to me the difference between the two.
6) Finally, I wish that my parents would have told me that there is no avoiding getting hurt in this world. That I myself alone, am the hero of the story and I do not need to be saved." -6 Things I Wish My Parents Would Have Told Me (via sassellocinsass)
Please read.. and reblog. For all the children who are/feel excluded. For all the children who have no friend. Because it is important. Because we ALL are important !
This is exactly why Kyle and I are having a Beauty and the Beast wedding. Because we have both felt rejected by society, and we have found solace in each other.
It is through each other that we found and learned to love ourselves.
If you ever wonder why I like the gaston character as my favorite villain this is why. He portrays something that I have pretty much noticed all my life.
I was bullied quite a bit when I was growing up, especially in my awkward middle School years. Society found nothing wrong with it , even going as far as to say it was normal for a child to go through what I was going through.
It’s sad but I made it through that.
When I look at gaston I see something I overcame as a child and it gives me a lot of strength now to know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that it’s the personality that truly makes someone beautiful.
That’s why I never judge anyone by their appearances but I actually get to know them.
if you want a nice body, go get it. if you want to become a lawyer, study your ass off. if you want nice hair, pick a style and get it done. stop being afraid and motivate yourself. find yourself. find your happiness, because it’s out there waiting for you.
Get the fuck out
I don’t understand why but I really hate this shade of blue
I literally feel disgust. What!?
YOU HAVE VANQUISHED ME, MIGHTY BEAST
Cub: DAD STOP
Cub: DAD OH MY GOD
Lion: REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE…